02 03 Caity Says: TAKE OVER AUSTRALIAN FASHION WEEK 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

TAKE OVER AUSTRALIAN FASHION WEEK

34


Australian Fashion Week. Its the time of year when all of Australia's fashion obsessed flock to Sydney to see the best of our Aussie designers showcase their talents (or if you're like me you're most likely glued to your laptop soaking up every bit of live streaming and streetstyle pics you can.)

The lovely, and extremely stylish, people at one of my favourite online stores Farfetch have given me the challenge of coming up with my ultimate Australian Fashion Week concept.. challenge accepted. 

Location
When you think of Australian Fashion week you automatically think high fashion, modern, fresh and of course Sydney. Not being a Sydney native means I may not know all the haunts, but when I stumbled across Sydney's Museum of Contemporary Arts it was love at first sight. Venues at the MCA include Sculpture Terrace, Foundation Hall, Harbourside Room and Quayside Room and they all have spectacular harbour views, how chic! I know what you'er thinking.. Caity! This place, albeit stunning, is way too small for a series of runway shows! True it is, my perfect vision for Australian Fashion week would include a vibrant mix of runway shows and installations (I'll go over this later..), and for the runway shows, a measly 3 minute walk down the road is the Overseas Passenger Terminal.. now that's the place for a runway!


Shows
Like I was saying before, for me, the perfect fashion week is a mix between runway shows and installations where you can take your time and really see the craftsmanship. This also gives you the opportunity to showcase some of Australia's amazing jewellery and accessories brands. The spaces above would also be perfect for a few breakfast seminars or networking cocktails, because Fashion Week should be more than just getting to see beautiful clothes, it should be about sharing our collective love of fashion and art, and with such a perfect setting how could you not be inspired?

Here are the brands that I dream about seeing on the runway:


Some of the brands and designers that I think would be amazing to be up close and personal with in an installation:



My Dream Closet


Outfit #1 Giamba Heart Print Dress, Sergio Rossi Knee Hight Boots, Charlotte Olympia 'Essential' Clutch, Rosantica 'Itaca' Lariat Necklace

Outfit #2  Desa 1972 Skinny Trousers, Maison Margiela Layered Cami Top, Gianvito Rossi 'Bunny' Sandals, Saint Laurent 'Classic Monogram' Satchel, Kelly Wearstler 'Anza' Collar Necklace, Saint Laurent 'Monogram' Bracelet

We all dream about a Kardashian sized closed don't we.. let just just daydream on that for a second.. yeah, that'd be awesome. If I could take one of everything from Farfetch and create my Fashion Week Dream Closet I would, but let's not be too greedy. My major picks would have to be Sophia Webster shoesOlympia Le-Tan clutch bags, some delicious Stella McCartney clothing with just a splash of Kenzo and MSGM, oh and we can't forget about of bit of Marni Jewellery!

images via vogue, MCA, farfetch

Although, lets face it, I will most likely have zero control over Australian Fashion Week, but I can still keep hoping for that dream closet right!?

- Caity x

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38